In 1993, the Asheville Area Employers Healthcare Alliance was established to provide coordinated access to the regional hospital PPO network and the physician PPO network. Over the next several years, the Alliance reconfigured its mission and services to better reflect its member’s needs and the WNC Health Coalition was born. Currently, the Coalition serves members across 16 Western North Carolina counties.
Statement of Purpose
The Coalition is a critical mass of member companies that
- collaborates with providers
- educates legislators and members and
- provides access to services and ideas among members to improve health care and reduce total health care costs in our regional community.
We provide an extensive menu of health care related services, which include:
- Comprehensive physician, hospital, ancillary provider network with negotiated fees and rates
- Hospital-only network
- Physician-only network
- The Asheville Model chronic disease management program
- Worksite Wellness programs
- Wellness e-zine and web site with interactive information and resources
- Health fair coordination
- Health risk appraisal with individual and employer reporting