The Asheville Wellness Model
This simple and unique program is exclusively based within the patient’s community and brings together all of the components to help every person become as healthy as possible – even those with chronic health conditions. The components may include the physician, the care manager, health educators and nutritionists and the employer. The care manager meets with the program participant on a regular basis, communicates with the other health professionals on the team as appropriate, and acts as coach and motivator.
The Asheville Wellness Model installed and maintained by the WNC Health Coalition incorporates very specific required elements that allow for standardized care and for outcomes analysis and reporting. The Coalition works with each employer to customize and coordinate the chronic disease and condition management with worksite wellness and prevention programs that are an important piece of the Asheville Wellness Model.
- have healthier, more productive employees
- be able to offer a terrific employee benefit
- be part of a unique program that increases health while decreasing cost
- communicate program to employees
- provide incentives for employees to participate
- request that the third party administrator or health insurance carrier and the pharmacy benefit manager provide data to the WNC Health Coalition for program assessment
- will learn to better self-manage their health
- will have a personal coach
- will not have to pay for any care manager visits, education, or any chronic disease-related drugs and supplies
- attend the scheduled care manager visits
- work toward the goals developed with the care manager
- The WNC Health Coalition program coordinator works with employers to schedule and hold employee meetings to introduce the program.
- Employees who are interested in participating will receive enrollment information packets.
- Participants will be assigned to an Asheville Wellness Model care manager.
- The care managers will schedule the initial visits for the participants.